Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Mark Moseley
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions
Quoting Mark Moseley:

> Just throwing this suggestion in since you mentioned variables. It'd be nice
> (and shoot me if it's already possible) to be able to set acl-style
> variables on a per-recipient basis, as opposed to per-connection or
> per-message only. I run into situations where I'm doing some processing in

This would be of quite limited use. What you'd actually want is
associate arrays, so you can set and get values depending some lookup
key, which itself is an expanded string (instead of the static names we
currently have), e.g. something like

set acl_m{$local_part@$domain blabla} = something

Hm, I think this would not be too hard to do, the basic code is already
there, all we need to do is add the expansion. Until somebody does this,
you can use

set acl_m_rcptdata = $acl_m_rcptdata $local_part@$domain=yourdata

and

${extract {user@domain} {$acl_m_rcptdata}}