Re: [exim] router question

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] router question
On Thursday 22 February 2007 01:01, Tom Bombadil wrote:
> Basically, lets say I have router1, router2, router3, router4, etc in
> this order.
> If the precondition on router1 is OK, I want to try router3 next
> (instead of sending to tranport), but if NOT OK I want to router4.
>
> How do I accomplish this?

I think you have to tell us what problem you're actually trying to solve.
Hopefully a simpler solution can be found. What is router2 doing there?

One thing you can use to simplify conditions, though, is address_data. If all
preconditions of a router are fulfilled, its address_data option is evaluated
and the result stays with the address even if the router declines. You might
also be able to use a redirect router with data = ${quote_local_part:
$local_part}@$domain and redirect_router = router3.

> I see there is a pass_router in the docs, but I'm not sure how to use that.

Nah, "pass" is a special outcome that only happens when a router was going to
accept an address but there is a temporary problem that the administrator has
decided should cause Exim to try some other kind of delivery. I don't think
it can be useful here. Perhaps a pass_on_decline or decline_router option
would be useful.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)