Re: [exim] router question

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tom Bombadil
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] router question
On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 16:01 -0800, Tom Bombadil wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> Basically, lets say I have router1, router2, router3, router4, etc in
> this order.
> If the precondition on router1 is OK, I want to try router3 next
> (instead of sending to tranport), but if NOT OK I want to router4.

Er, and router2 is never used?

> How do I accomplish this?
>
> I see there is a pass_router in the docs, but I'm not sure how to use that.

One option is to implement a 'goto', along the lines of

goto_router4:
condition = ...
caseful_local_part
driver = redirect
data = ${quote_local_part:$local_part}@$domain
redirect_router = router4

A working example of this is shown in
http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/routers-ses

I have a feeling that I long ago concluded there were better ways to do
what I'm doing there, but I don't remember the details.

--
dwmw2