Re: [exim] Return results of expansion to sender

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alain Williams
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Return results of expansion to sender
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Alain Williams wrote:

> * If I am delivering to all@ and the mailbox is full, we want to discard the mail.
> How do I do this ? There is not a ignore_status option as with the pipe transport.
> This will avoid stuff hanging around in the queue & tough on the student.

You can set up retry rules that apply only to over-quota errors, but
that applies only to over-quota on the local box. As I understand it,
that won't help you. What I suppose you could do is to set up a router
that recognizes these messages by sender or other means, and have it
also use something like

condition = ${if >{$message_age}{1200}}

and let it do the blackholing. That assumes that if you haven't managed
to deliver it to the current recipient after 1200 seconds, it should be
discarded.

> * The lecturers want to receive a delivery report -- one email reply telling them
> who the mail was delivered to and who it was discarded (blackholed).

The only way to get that is to write a script that pulls the information
out of the log.