Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions
On Friday 23 February 2007 10:37, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > My idea is that expansion strings should be parsed first, then evaluated.
> > That would make distinguishing parse errors from other expansion failures
> > easier.
>
> 1. I think I put your previous message on the Exim wiki Exim5 discussion
> ... checks ... yes, I did. It's here:
>
> http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/Exim5/expansion

I know, as you can see.

> Obviously, people are free to discuss things wherever they want, but
> perhaps there should be a consensus as to whether to use the wiki or the
> mailing list for this.

I think it can be easier to have a flowing discussion on a mailing list. The
wiki can be used to hold the main points of debate and the concensus.

Let's create the suggested new mailing list, shall we?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)