Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> My idea is that expansion strings should be parsed first, then evaluated. That
> would make distinguishing parse errors from other expansion failures easier.

1. I think I put your previous message on the Exim wiki Exim5 discussion
... checks ... yes, I did. It's here:

http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/Exim5/expansion

Obviously, people are free to discuss things wherever they want, but
perhaps there should be a consensus as to whether to use the wiki or the
mailing list for this.

2. Please note that I am not paying any attention to anything that says
"Exim 5" because I am assuming this is long-term stuff that will not
involve me in its implementation.