Re: [exim] Adding disclaimer with exim-4

Author: Joel Merrick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding disclaimer with exim-4
Hi,

We currently have an ACL condition that warns if any mail is being sent outside of the university without a disclaimer. If the
mail is sent without a disclaimer, a header will be added with the relevant information, the original mail sent and a mail sent
back to the originating user to let them know to add a disclaimer

Adding the disclaimer automatically (at least here in the UK) is a little bit of a legal grey area from what I understand, as the
user themselves has not added the text.

A custom perl script handles the checking of the disclaimer and logs all of the entries to our syslog server.

h.t.h.
Joel

Joel Merrick
Information Systems Unit

0161 247 6090

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the
Manchester Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer
>>> Jens Strohschnitter <exim-ml@???> 02/07/07 8:13 AM >>>

Hi list,

I need to add disclaimer to any outgoing mail. I've found all the
discussions about that thema, but in germany we have to add a
disclaimer to any mail since 01.01.2007 :-(

So I found a nice FAQ on:
http://www.artfiles.org/exim.org/exim-html-1.90/doc/html/spec_14.html

but I don't know about how to add alterMIME with the transport-filter.pl
shown as in the link:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/FAQ_16.html

Does anybody can give me a solution, adding a disclaimer using alterMIME
with exim-4.x ?

--
Regards,

     Jens Strohschnitter