Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Peter Bowyer
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??
On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 21:56 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> Yep - understood. You may have a problem here, though - you only want
> SRS to apply to forwarded mail, but how is Exim going to tell if a
> message is forwarded? Presumably all mail from the Notes server routes
> the same way?

It doesn't matter if the mail is forwarded. If you're sending a mail for
a domain which has an SPF record, and the recipient server is known to
be broken (i.e. reject for SPF failure even though that's stupid), and
if this host is not listed in the SPF records for the sender's domain,
then rewrite.

That's essentially the logic in the 'rpr_outgoing_goto' router in
http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/routers-ses -- except I didn't
bother with the last check.

As it happens though, my list of broken recipients is almost empty --
most times when they reject mail due to SPF failure, I contact them and
explain why they're rejecting valid mail, and they stop doing it.

--
dwmw2