Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??
Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:

*snip*

>> It suggests an Occam-ish solution:
>>
>> Set your servers to recognize and trust each other by IP and NOT require
> SRS of
>> each other. Exemptions, IOW.
>>

> Easier said then done. Yes, this would be the perfect solution.
>
> * snip *
>
>> I'd go for a 'trust' model, and just not use SRS internally.
>>
>> Bill
>
> I agree. Unfortunately, things move really slow. I need something until
> (if ever) a trust model can get setup.

'Geologically slow in the case of Yucca Mountain, one presumes...

;-)

..but if there is a need, or a perceived 'issue', i.e messages rejected for lack
of appropriate SRS - then there is a community (including managers) with an
interest in solving the problem. A hook to elicit 'wetware' cooperation in
getting that sort of change made 'soonest'.

You have, effectively, pursued, if not exhausted, the means to reliably do it in
Exim, and the main problem is that it is at least partially 'blind' to the
nuances of what it needs to make the decision.

Surely they do not reject ALL mssing SRS traffic? That would seem to be a
bigger problem.

Bill