Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap

Author: Torsten
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap
Just to make at clear.
I want exim to store mails like this:
file = "/var/mail/${nhash_127:$local_part}/$local_part/INBOX"
So if I understood it right, Exim builds a hash from "$localpart" and builds
a directory structure like this:
/var/mail/0/totty or /var/mail/127/bill

How can the Imap daemon know where to find the maildir for Totty or Bill?
Is there a buildin hash tool or something like that?
I searched a lot, but I couldn`t get an answer how Courier, Cyrus or other
MUA`s handle that directory structure.

Thanks
Torsten