Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??

Author: Dan_Mitton
To: Peter Bowyer
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??
Yes, that is exactly the problem. I might have an answer...

forwarding_router:
  driver = redirect
  srs = forward
  data = $local_part@$domain
  srs_condition = \
    ${if and \
      { \
        {!eq{$sender_address}{}} \
        {match_ip{$sender_host_address}{+relay_from_hosts}} \
        {!match_domain{$sender_address_domain}{+relay_to_domains}} \
      } \
    }

What I think I'm trying to say with the above code is:

IF sender in not <> AND
sender is someone I'd normally relay for AND
sender's domain is a domain I don't relay for
THEN I'm not really acting as a relay, I'm acting more as a forwarder, so
SRS the thing.

Does that make any sense?

Thanks for letting me bounce these ideas around (better then starting a
flame war, lol).

Sent by:        peeebeee@???
cc:      (bcc: Dan Mitton/YD/RWDOE)
LSN: Not Relevant
User Filed as: Not a Record

On 01/02/07, Dan_Mitton@??? <Dan_Mitton@???> wrote:

> YES, that's got it. Sorry, I should have realized that $local_part was
> correct. I'm still new to Exim.
>
> Ok, as to why - the Exim server is not the one doing the redirecting, a
> server deeper in my network is doing it, but the Exim server is at the

edge
> to the internet. The inner server should/could do the rewrite there,

but
> it's a cooperate notes server, so it's easier to do it at the edge Exim
> server. At least that's the thought, do it make any sense???

Yep - understood. You may have a problem here, though - you only want
SRS to apply to forwarded mail, but how is Exim going to tell if a
message is forwarded? Presumably all mail from the Notes server routes
the same way?

The action of the Exim SRS code is to rewrite the return path to a
coded-up address in the domain of the original recipient - I'm not
sure how you'd make it fire in the case of mail that had been
forwarded before it shows up.

Experimentation required - unless someone else can help. It might
'just work' of course....

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer