Re: [exim] Blocking hosts without MX/A records in DNS

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking hosts without MX/A records in DNS
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:02:03 +0100, Luca Bertoncello
<bertoncello@???> wrote:
>Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> schrieb:
>> How can you prove it? What tells you
>
>I thought, I can check if the domain exists and has valid MX record...
>
>>     exim -v -bv xyz@???

>> with the address you want to block?
>
>As test, I tryed with lucabert.intra (which does NOT exists):
>
>/usr/local/exim-sql/bin/exim -v -bv xyz@???
>xyz@???
> router = external_gw, transport = remote_smtp_ext
> host 192.168.1.10 [192.168.1.10]
>
>Also, it tryes to send it to our mailouts...

You'll need to set your smarthost router to no_verify and have a
verify only dnslookup router. Sender verification works by trying to
route a message to the sender address, which is always successful in a
smarthost setup (deliver message to smarthost).

Greetings
Marc