Re: [exim] Blocking hosts without MX/A records in DNS

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking hosts without MX/A records in DNS
Luca Bertoncello <bertoncello@???> (Mo 08 Jan 2007 12:02:03 CET):
> Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> schrieb:
>
> > How can you prove it? What tells you
>
> I thought, I can check if the domain exists and has valid MX record...
>
> >     exim -v -bv xyz@???

> > with the address you want to block?
>
> As test, I tryed with lucabert.intra (which does NOT exists):
>
> /usr/local/exim-sql/bin/exim -v -bv xyz@???
> xyz@???
> router = external_gw, transport = remote_smtp_ext
> host 192.168.1.10 [192.168.1.10]

Ok. It's some smarthost router, isn't it?
You should avoid using this router for address verification as it will
always succeed.

    verify = no

as option for your smarthost router should do the trick. But
additionally you'll need to install some router which is able to verify
the addresses. Probably it will be a dnslookup router, and, as order
matters, it has to be *after* the smarthost router.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -