Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Author: Andrew Nimmo
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On 12/6/06, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> The narrow case is a situation where you are sure that the 550 error is
> a mistake, that the mistake will be fixed, and that people will be
> thankful that you didn't bounce the email during the mistake period.
> This is a situation where you are sure that the recipient server should
> be accepting email but because of some failure is mistakenly returning
> 550 errors.

can we generate a 550 on this recurring thread? unless, of course,
we're sure that doing so would be a mistake. at the same time we could
modify the relevant rfc's to include sections on operator-related
decision processes for arbitrary rule creation, or perhaps remove 5xx
and replace with 'operator enhanced 4xx' codes? of course, adding to
this thread makes me guilty, unless i'm sure that someone wants to
continue reading, of course.