Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim, Users, Peter Bowyer, Drav Sloan
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
Marc Perkel wrote:
> This is a situation where you are sure that the recipient server should
> be accepting email but because of some failure is mistakenly returning
> 550 errors.

By absolute definition, the server returning a 5xx isn't making a
mistake. It's saying "This doesn't work for me, I give up, sorry" and
it's perfectly entitled to do so. You disagree with the interpretation,
that's absolutely your problem, not the receiving MTA and not exim's either.

--

Martin A. Brooks | http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
   Consultant    | e: martin@???   | filtering. Inoculate