Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim-users, Matthias Waffenschmidt, Martin A. Brooks
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:51:05AM +0000, Ian Eiloart wrote:
    [...]

> Well, heck maybe "local user unknown" is a temporary error. Here, we often

Read the bit on what codes should be announced as
permanent and which as transient in the RFC; it covers
exactly this sort of case.

    [...]

> What Philip seems to be describing is that their local policy (and this is
> a local policy matter, not an RFC matter) is to defer messages for a few
> days when the user is over-quota, but to deny after a few days if the user
> has failed to fix the quota problem.

indeed. and as I say, other people have local policies to
ignore this sort of thing when it creates a problem.

--
``I believe I am the only living man to deliberately
place his hands in the mouth of an attacking cougar.'' (Clarence Hall)