Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: exim-users
CC: Matthias Waffenschmidt, Martin A. Brooks
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:26:35AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
    [...]

> In our case, if our server sends a 550 for an overquota error, we want

If you're going to start announcing temporary errors as
permanent, it's hardly a surprise that people are going to
start treating announced permanent errors as temporary!
There isn't much machine-readable information in the SMTP
error codes, and it hardly seems wise to reduce the amount
further by using them inappropriately.

--
``I've noticed that drivers often have trouble distinguishing
[green and orange]. Presumably Northern Ireland drivers are