Re: [exim] conducive.org

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] conducive.org
David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 04:31 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>>May have been the 10s timeout, though I don't see SRS on your recent traffic -
>>>

>>- until I looked in the *recent* rejectlog, anyway.....
>>
>>Other than here, how is SRS working out for you?
>

> Perfectly. I obviously don't do it on forwarded traffic -- it's only on
> my own outgoing mail. I send nothing from dwmw2@???; it's all
> from SRS-signed addresses.
>
> I get no bounces to mail I didn't send, and people who bother with
> callouts will accept no fakes. I don't recall any occasion when it was
> actually _live_ without accepting responses, so I'd be interested to
> know what you think happened last July.

loglines coming to you off-list. Only obvious 'hit' was the sender verification
fail, thoug that was a 'production' server so only about 10% of the detail an
'instrumented' server's logs capture.

Not that *everyone* was passing sender verify, but most were.

Reason we dropped it was not about the RRC 'politics' or certainly not resource
load - just that results were too erratic to depend on w/o monkey-motion and
whom/whom-not lists.

Bill