Re: [exim] Changing Email Identity

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Changing Email Identity
gascione wrote:

*snip*

> mail cluster. If I could find a way to deliver it in a way other than SMTP I
> guess that would solve the problem as well.

Given the hardware and a manualroute router, Exim can deliver it over 60 ma
bipolar TTY with Baudot code if you really need it to do so.

or - if all this is 'local', you can file-write directly into some other MTA's
queue (a la DaVinci on Novell MHS).

But smtp and lmtp are easier to get a far-end to work with..

;-).

> I also have the ability to hook into a program that could just remove the
> relay headers from the email once it hits the primary server but that would
> require writing a program to execute on a Windows system which I cannot do.
>
> Sounds like I am heading down the consultant path.

- given that there are few truly 'new' challenges in the smtp-delivery world,

- given that Exim does not already have a simple setting that more of us are
long-since using to do what you believe you need to do,

I am more inclined to think you might want to sleep on it and then look again at
the 'big picture' for the whole collection - and see if there is not a simpler
way to arrive at the result you need.

Bill