Re: [exim] Changing Email Identity

Author: gascione
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Changing Email Identity

W B Hacker wrote:

> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 20:56, gascione took the opportunity to say:
>>
>>>The systems are not capable of doing what spamassassin can do. That is

why
>>>we run ClamAV and Spamassassin on Exim servers before delivering the
>>>messages to the mail systems. The problem with the mail systems is that

it
>>>won't dig down into the header, a bug but no telling if or when it will

be
>>>fixed. That affects the systems ability to filter the SPAM tags we have

and
>>>it impacts the white list functionality which this software does. Driving
>>>our customers crazy.
>>>
>>>received_header_text to nothing? This will do what for me. I can check on
>>>the Exim on-line to find out where and how to set this up.
>>

>> It will cause no Received: line to be added. If you need your Exim server
>> look like it had the IP address of the remote host you'll need something
>> more
>> elaborate.
>>

> Depending on where you operate, altering e-mail in such a way as to
> obscure the
> backtrail may cause 'something more elaborate' to include need of the
> services
> of a damn good lawyer...
>
> 'no comment' on whether such laws make sense, should/should not be
> applicable
> 'in house', etc.
>
> Bill
>
> --

Agreed but I am not looking to obscure anything or eliminate anything, just
change the order. Besides its only journey is from the relay servers to the
mail cluster. If I could find a way to deliver it in a way other than SMTP I
guess that would solve the problem as well.

I also have the ability to hook into a program that could just remove the
relay headers from the email once it hits the primary server but that would
require writing a program to execute on a Windows system which I cannot do.

Sounds like I am heading down the consultant path.