Re: [exim] Changing Email Identity

Author: gascione
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Changing Email Identity

W B Hacker wrote:

> gascione wrote:
>
> *snip*
>
>> mail cluster. If I could find a way to deliver it in a way other than
>> SMTP I
>> guess that would solve the problem as well.
>
> Given the hardware and a manualroute router, Exim can deliver it over 60
> ma
> bipolar TTY with Baudot code if you really need it to do so.
>
> or - if all this is 'local', you can file-write directly into some other
> MTA's
> queue (a la DaVinci on Novell MHS).
>
> But smtp and lmtp are easier to get a far-end to work with..
>
> ;-).
>

>> I also have the ability to hook into a program that could just remove the
>> relay headers from the email once it hits the primary server but that
>> would
>> require writing a program to execute on a Windows system which I cannot
>> do.
>>
>> Sounds like I am heading down the consultant path.
>>

> - given that there are few truly 'new' challenges in the smtp-delivery
> world,
>
> - given that Exim does not already have a simple setting that more of us
> are
> long-since using to do what you believe you need to do,
>
> I am more inclined to think you might want to sleep on it and then look
> again at
> the 'big picture' for the whole collection - and see if there is not a
> simpler
> way to arrive at the result you need.
>
> Bill
>

> --

I'm not sure what there is to sleep on. The problem is that this is way over
my head. I don't mind learning and I have learned quite a bit but in this
case I am under the gun. There is no time to learn. I need help doing it.

And I forgot to mention, I really appreciate the thought process and time
you are taking.

Rock and a hard spot right?