Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders
On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 15:06 +0200, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> > "Can folders have subfolders, defined in a recursive fashion? The
> > answer is no. If you want to have a client with a hierarchy of
> > folders, emulate it. Pick a hierarchy separator character, say ":".
> > Then, folder foo/bar is subdirectory .foo:bar."
>
> This isn't possible with dovecot.

dovecot allows arbitary hierarchy. Its just that Maildir+ uses a
flat(ish) structure, so the hierarchy is mapped into that structure.

So the folder
    level1/level2/level3/level4

maps to the Maildir subdirectory
    .level1.level2.level3.level4
(with cur/tmp/new under that)

So hierarchical storage quotas would need to work round that.

BTW it would be normal to actually have the following subdirectories in
this scenario:-
    .level1
    .level1.level2
    .level1.level2.level3