Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Philip Hazel
À: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> the docu says, that this is the default:
>
> maildir_quota_directory_regex = ^(?:cur|new|\..*)$

Assuming that you have also set maildir_use_size_file.

> But on our server it seems, that subfolders beginning with a dot aren't
> included. Does exim look into sub-subfolders? We have folders like this
>
> cur
> new
> .Junk/cur
> .Junk/new
> .Trash/cur
> .Trash/new
>
> and so on and we have a lot of mailboxes, that are far above their limit.

Without an experiment, I'm not sure. I note this comment in the code:

"Maildirs can only be one level deep. However, this function recurses,
so it might cope with deeper nestings."

and in the document I have the describes Maildir++ and folders, it says

"Can folders have subfolders, defined in a recursive fashion? The
answer is no. If you want to have a client with a hierarchy of
folders, emulate it. Pick a hierarchy separator character, say ":".
Then, folder foo/bar is subdirectory .foo:bar."

The experiment you should do is to run a delivery to one of these
mailboxes, as an Exim admin user, using the -d-all+transport flag to get
debugging output for the delivery. This should show the quota
calculations.