Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Marc Sherman
À: exim-users
CC: Marten Lehmann
Sujet: Re: [exim] maildir_quota_directory_regex with subfolders

Philip Hazel wrote:
>> and so on and we have a lot of mailboxes, that are far above their limit.
>
> Without an experiment, I'm not sure. I note this comment in the code:
>
> "Maildirs can only be one level deep. However, this function recurses,
> so it might cope with deeper nestings."
>
> and in the document I have the describes Maildir++ and folders, it says
>
> "Can folders have subfolders, defined in a recursive fashion? The
> answer is no. If you want to have a client with a hierarchy of
> folders, emulate it. Pick a hierarchy separator character, say ":".
> Then, folder foo/bar is subdirectory .foo:bar."

You guys are talking past each other a bit, because Marten isn't using
the right terminology. Marten, the directories beginning with . are
called "Folders" in maildir++. The containing directory is called the
"Maildir". It is rendered in most IMAP clients as "Inbox". So the
section that Philip quotes above isn't talking about .Junk or .Trash;
rather, it's talking about non-existent children of those directories,
called something like ".Junk/.ThisSubfolderDoesntExist".

- Marc