Re: [exim] restarting spamd makes spam slip through?

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Marc Haber
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] restarting spamd makes spam slip through?
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:21:15 +0200, Andreas Pettersson
<andpet@???> wrote:
>I run Exim 4.63 and SpamAssassin (from acl) on FreeBSD.
>Sometimes when I need to restart spamd I find that a few spam mails slip
>through, even though spamd is unavailable for less than a second. To
>prevent this from happening I tried to stop exim first, wait a few
>seconds, and then restart spamd, but the problem still occurs sometimes.
>
>I get three of these in paniclog:
>spam acl condition: warning - spamd connection to 127.0.0.1, port 783
>failed: Connection refused
>spam acl condition: all spamd servers failed

Same thing happens when clamav is reloading its virus databases after
an upgrade. No big deal, but annoying, since the panic log gets these
messages and log checking mechanisms are going to fire.

I'd like exim to behave a little more tolerant here.

Greetings
Marc