Re: [exim] restarting spamd makes spam slip through?

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: John Horne
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] restarting spamd makes spam slip through?
On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 18:21 +0200, Andreas Pettersson wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I run Exim 4.63 and SpamAssassin (from acl) on FreeBSD.
> Sometimes when I need to restart spamd I find that a few spam mails slip
> through, even though spamd is unavailable for less than a second. To
> prevent this from happening I tried to stop exim first, wait a few
> seconds, and then restart spamd, but the problem still occurs sometimes.
>
> I get three of these in paniclog:
> spam acl condition: warning - spamd connection to 127.0.0.1, port 783
> failed: Connection refused
> spam acl condition: all spamd servers failed
>
> How can I make sure exim has nothing 'going on' while I restart spamd?

Hello,

We have the same problem. Our mailhubs use Fedora Core 4, and running
'service exim stop' doesn't shutdown all the exim processes immediately.
In fact it can take several minutes, and usually running the command a
second time finally removes all the exim processes. Then we restart
spamassassin.

If you are using SA rules-de-jour, you will still have the problem when
SA is restarted after updates. As far as I remember SA is restarted, but
the MTA is not stopped/restarted, hence you'll still get those messages
in the panic log.

The suggestion of a check in the ACL is interesting. May well
investigate that one :-) I guess a check before calling SA is needed to
avoid the panic log entries.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839