Re: [exim] restarting spamd makes spam slip through?

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Andreas Pettersson
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] restarting spamd makes spam slip through?
Chris Blaise wrote:

>>I get three of these in paniclog:
>>spam acl condition: warning - spamd connection to 127.0.0.1, port 783
>>failed: Connection refused
>>spam acl condition: all spamd servers failed
>>
>>How can I make sure exim has nothing 'going on' while I restart spamd?
>>

>    At the end of my spam ACL, I check for the presense of the spam
>report:

>defer message = Cannot accept your message at this time.  Please try again
>lat
>er.
>        condition = ${if def:spam_report{0}{1}}

>    If the report isn't generated then it means spamd wasn't running.

> Chris

Hm.. weird. Or maybe not.

On my prod server, where the problem is, I run exim 4.62 (not 4.63 as I
said earlier).
I just ran some tests on my test server (4.63), with the following
response when spamd wasn't loaded

451 Temporary local problem - please try later

But this was when I deliberately processed some mail with spamd
unloaded, not unloading spamd while the mails were processed. However
I'm not sure there's any difference.

I'll have a go with your defer condition in a while, thanks Chris.

Regards,
Andreas