Re: [exim] sending mail from outside

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sending mail from outside
On 5/12/06 3:08 PM, "W B Hacker" <wbh@???> wrote:

> Legacy/unofficial smpts port 465 (SSL) 'went away' per
> IETF/ICANN re-assignment to Cisco for other use WEF February
> 2006, IIRC.

465 for smtps may have gone away, but people using Microsoft systems will
still be attempting it for a decade or more.

Does anyone here know whether Microsoft fixed this for Vista (in Outlook and
Microsoft Mail which seems to be Outlook Express' new name? If not, make
that two decades.

--John (Vista-challenged--my laptop's BIOS isn't really XP compatible: I
have little or no hope [or desire] for Vista. Longwait: the longer the
wait the better.)