Re: [exim] sending mail from outside

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sending mail from outside
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 02:28:32PM +0100, Tony Finch said:
> On Sat, 13 May 2006, W B Hacker wrote:
> >
> > I think it would be a Very Good Idea to include not one, but
> > several (three?) default / example submission authenticators,
>
> Is there a third authentication mechanism that is as common as PLAIN and
> LOGIN? Perhaps SPA if you are using Exim in a Windows environment, but I
> would prefer to have a sample working config from someone who uses it for
> real before I put it in the default config.

We still make use of cram at some sites, although I don't know how
common that is these days. It requires using something like saslauthd
(or keeping plain text passwords around), though, so it may be outside
of the scope of what you want for the default.

The rest looks great to me.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Linus' Law:  There is no heavier burden |
|  steve@???             | than a great potential.                 |