Re: [exim] Duplicate port 25 traffic to 2 destinations

Author: Ian FREISLICH
To: Phil Brutsche
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Duplicate port 25 traffic to 2 destinations
Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Etienne Simard wrote:
> > There must be a way to do this at the application level, where you forward

> > duplicate of every email you receive with exim.conf instead of duplicating
> > the tcp connection.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > ----------------------
> > driver = manualroute
> > transport=remote_smtp
> > route_list="* my.smtp.server.host.and.domain"
> > ----------------------
> >
> > BUT it needs to be duplicated and not forwarded
>
> Something like this?
>
> duplicate_mail_router:
> driver = manualroute
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list="* my.smtp.server.host.and.domain"
> unseen = true

Or, maybe shadow_transport = ...

    shadow_transport
    Use:  transports
    Type:  string
    Default:  unset

    A local transport may set the shadow_transport option to
    the name of another local transport. Shadow remote transports
    are not supported.

    Whenever a delivery to the main transport succeeds, and
    either shadow_condition is unset, or its expansion does not
    result in the empty string or one of the strings 0 or no
    or false, the message is also passed to the shadow transport,
    with the same delivery address or addresses. If expansion
    fails, no action is taken except that non-forced expansion
    failures cause a log line to be written.

    The result of the shadow transport is discarded and does
    not affect the subsequent processing of the message. Only
    a single level of shadowing is provided; the shadow_transport
    option is ignored on any transport when it is running as a
    shadow. Options concerned with output from pipes are also
    ignored.

    The log line for the successful delivery has an item added
    on the end, of the form

      ST=<shadow transport name>

    If the shadow transport did not succeed, the error message
    is put in parentheses afterwards.

    Shadow transports can be used for a number of different
    purposes, including keeping more detailed log information
    than Exim normally provides, and implementing automatic
    acknowledgement policies based on message headers that some
    sites insist on.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich