Re: [exim] Is this list presently blacklisted by AOL?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: My BSD
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is this list presently blacklisted by AOL?
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 12:55 -0400, My BSD wrote:
> Received the following from the list server at my AOL subscription to
> this list (I keep a personal archive of this and other lists there):
>
> "Your membership in the mailing list Exim-users has been disabled due
> to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> 01-May-2006. You will not get any more messages from this list until
> you re-enable your membership. You will receive 3 more reminders like
> this before your membership in the list is deleted."

I've deactivated the bounce filter on the *one* (yup, really - I don't
think AOL's audience and ours overlaps much) AOL address that we have.

> I was not aware that of any bounces but have, in fact, removed a few
> list messages from the AOL Spam folder in the past.

Haven't noticed any bounces - unfortunately I purged my folder of
bounces and bits yesterday.

> Is there a problem with this list and AOL?
>
> Isn't there a way to get the list "Whitelisted" with AOL?

Yes - I've not looked at this because its not been an issue. If someone
wants to point me at the appropriate stuff then I can request this.
Unfortunately Tony, who probably has dealt with AOL on behalf of the
University (and we are in their address space) is unavailable this week.

    Nigel.