[exim] How to choose between mbox and maildir? was: lock fil…

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] How to choose between mbox and maildir? was: lock file
Hello W,

W B Hacker, 15.04.2006 (d.m.y):

> Exim can not only use either mbox or Maildir (and other storage
> types), it can be configured to do parallel deiveries to more
> than one type.

Well, that means that it should be possible to do a
"step-by-step-migration" from mbox to maildir, doesn't it?

What I mean is: Mails for existing users a, b and c have get their
mails delivered to mbox files. When creating new users (x, y and z),
their mail should be delivered into maildirs.

How can I make exim (or better: the appendfile transport) decide if a
mail shall be dropped into an existing mbox file or a maildir?

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Das Fernsehprogramm wird wesentlich interessanter, wenn man den
Fernseher so aufstellt, daß die Bildschirmseite dem Zuschauer