RE: [exim] limit SMTP sending connections

Author: Gareth Hastings
To: alexis, exim-users
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] limit SMTP sending connections
> Hello, can you please, if there is, point me in the way or the
> documentation on how to limit the smtp ammounts, in terms of
> connections, troughput or any limitation. Fact is one of my servers is
> used to send distribution lists to our customers, the server has a
> huge bandwidth, so thats not a limitation, but this scenario
>
> - I have, as an example, 3000 subscribers in a list with the same
> domain, the receiving server accepts some messages and then it start
> to do some tarpitting or applies delay so i get a lot of messages
> delayed for a long time.

I have a similar problem. We forward all our mail to a smart host who
does AV scanning and spam filtering. Problem is they only accept 40
concurrent connections and then refuse anymore. If we do any massive
mails then we normal hit the 40 concurrent connections limit which then
causes ALL outbound mail to get instantly deferred!