Re: [exim] SMTP timeout sending mail to gmail

Autor: Avleen Vig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP timeout sending mail to gmail
On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 08:11:25AM +0100, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> > Based on my searching so far it looks like emailing gmail support would be a
> > complete waste of my time. Other posters on other lists who are more
> > important than me (ISP admins and so on) have reported they were completely
> > ignored by gmail support. Power breeds arrogance, eh?
>
> Not really arrogance, just scale.

That, at it helps to know who to talk to :-)

I run an exim server in the same way as you do, forwarding a few
thousand mails a day to various Gmail accounts. I have a problem when I
send mail too fast to one account (mail loops), and when I forward too
much spam in a very short amount of time (broken dspam setup), but
apart from that I have no problems.

Daniel, throw me the file created by this off-list, and I'll take a
look:

tcpdump -ni <ext intreface, eth0/fxp0/etc> -s 1500 -w <some_file_to_save_to>