Re: [exim] SMTP timeout sending mail to gmail

Autor: Daniel Webb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP timeout sending mail to gmail
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 11:23:17AM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:

> The problem is at the gmail end so you'll have to ask them what's going on.

Is this a known problem? I would think that if every exim user is getting all
their mail to gmail bouncing I wouldn't be the only one reporting it (and yes
I searched the archives).

So I'm wondering if there's something on my end that brings out the problem
where no one else does. I don't even know how to go about figure out what
that would be though, so I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to go about
it.

Based on my searching so far it looks like emailing gmail support would be a
complete waste of my time. Other posters on other lists who are more
important than me (ISP admins and so on) have reported they were completely
ignored by gmail support. Power breeds arrogance, eh?