Re: [exim] Protesting AOL pay to send email plan

Autor: Stanislaw Halik
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Protesting AOL pay to send email plan
Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> But the payment of money isn't a good way to distinguish real email from
> spam. It quashes free speech

free speech is quashed because of what? i don't get under what premise
you've had came to this conclusion. or is it a platitude? *snicker*

free speech includes a right not to listen, if not interested. or am i
missing something?

> I also tend to protest and kind of attempt to take what is essentially
> an open public worldwide network and turn it into a private corporate
> fascist controlled network.

does it introduce any false positives not present in their spam
filtering system before this whole idea was introduced?

> So my suggestion is a gentle way of expressing my concerns to AOL in
> their log files.

#ifdef FLAME
better yet, you could make these DEFER messages multiline, make them
appear as banner(6) or just teergrube them.
#endif /* FLAME */

i don't *like* this idea at all, i think that they're avoiding the real
problem and not just misdirecting their efforts, but also trying to make
a profit out of it. but so are you (except for that 'money' part), with
these 'corporate fascist' and 'quashes free speech' comments.