Re: [exim] alias and autorespond

Author: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] alias and autorespond
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:38:18AM -0300, alexis wrote:
> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:38:18 -0300
> From: alexis <alzrck@???>
> Subject: Re: [exim] alias and autorespond
>
> 1 and 2 Not possible, in my scenario robert doesnt know about the 'jack' alias.

Has he not noticed receiving emails addressed to someone else?

> 3. the behavior that my customer wants (i found this stupid too, but
> you know, customer is always right) is

No, the customer is very rarely right, they just need to keep paying.

> - if somebody sends an email to robert, to keep the message at the
> robert mailbox and also send the autoreply (this is working just fine
> right now)
>
> - if somebody sends an email to jack, to store that email at the
> robert mailbox (working too)
>
> - but, if robert has an autoreply configured, and i send an email to
> jack, i want the email stord at robert mailbox, but i dont want to
> robert send the autoreply if the email came from an alias.

Then I would suggest that the autoresponder be configured to only respond
to emails that go to robert and ignore those addressed to jack.

What are you using for an autoresponder?

Steven.

--
In Pocataligo, Georgia, it is a violation for a woman over 200 pounds
and attired in shorts to pilot or ride in an airplane.