Re: [exim] alias and autorespond

Author: alexis
Subject: Re: [exim] alias and autorespond
On 2/13/06, Steven Wayne <swayne@???> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:38:18AM -0300, alexis wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:38:18 -0300
> > From: alexis <alzrck@???>
> > Subject: Re: [exim] alias and autorespond
> >
> > 1 and 2 Not possible, in my scenario robert doesnt know about the 'jack' alias.
>
> Has he not noticed receiving emails addressed to someone else?

Yes, sure, he can read it at the message. But not the sender.

> > 3. the behavior that my customer wants (i found this stupid too, but
> > you know, customer is always right) is
>
> No, the customer is very rarely right, they just need to keep paying.

Thats good :)

> > - if somebody sends an email to robert, to keep the message at the
> > robert mailbox and also send the autoreply (this is working just fine
> > right now)
> >
> > - if somebody sends an email to jack, to store that email at the
> > robert mailbox (working too)
> >
> > - but, if robert has an autoreply configured, and i send an email to
> > jack, i want the email stord at robert mailbox, but i dont want to
> > robert send the autoreply if the email came from an alias.
>
> Then I would suggest that the autoresponder be configured to only respond
> to emails that go to robert and ignore those addressed to jack.
>
> What are you using for an autoresponder?

when i wrote this message this router and this transport, now i've
changed this settings with some additional checks.

mysql_autorespond:
driver = accept
condition = ${if eq{} {${lookup mysql{SELECT autoresponder FROM
users WHERE autoresponder='yes' AND username='$local_part' AND
domain='$domain' AND status='yes'}}}{no}{yes}}
no_verify
no_expn
unseen
transport = address_mysql

address_mysql:
  driver   = autoreply
  from = "${local_part}@${domain}"
  to       = ${sender_address}
  subject  = ${lookup mysql{SELECT arsubject FROM users WHERE
username='$local_part' AND domain='$domain'}{$value}{Automatic reply
from ${local_part}@${domain}}}
  text     = ${lookup mysql{SELECT artext FROM users WHERE