Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Chris.Knadle
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

On 20 Jan 2006, at 01:55, Chris Knadle wrote:

>> Anyway, in a router:
>>
>> local_part_suffix = -*
>> local_part_suffix_optional
>>
>> will do what you want for determining what a local_part is, then you
>> can do what lookup you find more suitable to determine if a
>> local_part is valid.
>
>    I note that your local_part_suffix = -*  !=  local_part_suffix =
> *- from
> the Exim spec.  I'll have to look at that again.  However, the andy-
> *@domain
> was an example and I don't know that a '-' is going to be in every
> email
> address that needs a wildcard lookup.  [I have been looking into
> this before

local_part_suffix gives the pattern of the suffix in the local parts.
local_part_suffix = -* means that the local parts are of the form:

keytolookup-arbitrarysuffix

so the other form you gave is incorrect, as it would mean that local
parts are:

arbitrarystring- and as you can see the key to lookup (the
localpart proper) is null...

If there is no fixed separator, you must see if there is at least a
list of those. And if a separator might also appear in a regular
localpart (that is without a suffix), then you must first have a
router that catches localparts without local_part_suffix set. I do
that in my alias, so that I can distinguish suffixes. Say you have

foo-bar that is aliases to foobarred

and

foo that is aliased to thecatinthehat

with to redirect routers for the aliases, one without and then one
with local_part_suffix, I can catch the special case and redirect
instead all the others foo and foo-whatever to the alias set for foo.

Giuliano

--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/