Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Chris.Knadle
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

On 19 Jan 2006, at 20:21, Chris Knadle wrote:

> On Thursday 19 January 2006 13:55, Tony Finch wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Chris Knadle wrote:
>>>     Well, I just became a backup MX for an admin that is using
>>> Postfix
>>> that is making extensive use of these addresses with wildcards
>>> after the
>>> local_part.

>> Do you mean something like local_part_suffix?
>
>    Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean, either.  ;-)

do you mean you have not taken the time to lookup your-exim-source-
dir/doc/spec.txt? Because, if you had, you would have found that:

>    An example entry I would look to do would be:
>     andy-*@???
>    Which would match all of the following:
>     andy-something@???
>     andy-whatever@???
>    etc.

is what local_part_suffix is about.

[...]
> regardless and try to come down to a "yay or nay" as to whether it is
> possible with Exim4 or not before falling back to alternatives.

you are asking if something is possible with exim4? The question
should be the other way 'round: find something that is not possible
with exim...

>    Callout verification is the best fallback strategy, so once I
> find out that
> it's too difficult to do with Exim4 I can offer that as a "take it
> or leave

too difficult with Exim4? Again: take your time to read the spec.txt
(or its html version, on the site).

>    Then I considered doing email routing with ldap, but that has a
> similar
> problem because the time in which wildcards can be used is in the
> address
> used for the lookup and not a wildcard in an address that's stored
> in the
> directory.  [At least that's my current understanding after doing some
> experiments.]

sorry, but I did not understand your current understanding.

Anyway, in a router:

local_part_suffix = -*
local_part_suffix_optional

will do what you want for determining what a local_part is, then you
can do what lookup you find more suitable to determine if a
local_part is valid.

Giuliano