Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses
On Thursday 19 January 2006 17:41, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> >    Then I considered doing email routing with ldap, but that has a
> > similar problem because the time in which wildcards can be used
> > is in the address used for the lookup and not a wildcard in an
> > address that's stored in the directory.  [At least that's my current
> > understanding after doing some experiments.]

> sorry, but I did not understand your current understanding.

I'll try to clarify.
If I were using the outdated inetLocalMailRecipient schema, I would have
ldap entries for people such as this (making it interesting):

    dn: uid=lister,ou=People,dc=reddwarf
    cn: Lister R D
    uid: listerrd
    mailHost: holly.reddwarf.net
    mailRoutingAddress: lister@???
    mailLocalAddress: smeghead@???
    mailLocalAddress: listerrd52169@???
    mailLocalAddress: listerrd*@???
    objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient

I would be looking up the values under the mailLocalAddress attribute, and
rerouting email addresses found under the mailRoutingAddress attribute. For
exact matches this works gangbusters. But -- now let's say an email comes in
for <listerrd.trouble@???>. A lookup is done for this, but a lookup
does not match <listerrd*@???>, and even if a wildcard is specified
at time of the lookup, that would only end up looking up
<listerrd.trouble*@???> which still won't find a match.

So -- does that explain what I wrote earlier?

    - Chris

--

Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???