Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses
On Thursday 19 January 2006 17:41, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> >> Do you mean something like local_part_suffix?
> >
> >    Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean, either.  ;-)

> do you mean you have not taken the time to lookup your-exim-source-
> dir/doc/spec.txt?

How smug. ;-)
I looked it up after I had written the above, but what I found was listed
under rcpt_include_affixes and it seems to do the opposite of what I was
looking to do in my example.

    local_part_prefix = *-

    routes the address abc-xyz@??? to an SMTP transport, the
    envelope is delivered with

    RCPT TO:<xyz@???>

> Because, if you had, you would have found that:
> >    An example entry I would look to do would be:
> >     andy-*@???
> >    Which would match all of the following:
> >     andy-something@???
> >     andy-whatever@???
> >    etc.

So -- using the above, <andy-something@???> would be rerouted to
<something@???>, and it would not match <andy-*@???>. That
is not what I am looking for.

> you are asking if something is possible with exim4? The question
> should be the other way 'round: find something that is not possible
> with exim...

Okay -- I agree with this, however, I really have worked at trying to solve
this as well as worked with a number of help groups and a couple of other
Exim and vexim admins, as well as reading the specs and doing lots of web
searches. After all that it really did seem like this was something not
easily done in Exim, so I asked the question in that way. No offense was
intended, as I do like Exim4 and have been using it for a number of years and
I am still quite happy with it.

> Anyway, in a router:
>
> local_part_suffix = -*
> local_part_suffix_optional
>
> will do what you want for determining what a local_part is, then you
> can do what lookup you find more suitable to determine if a
> local_part is valid.

I note that your local_part_suffix = -* != local_part_suffix = *- from
the Exim spec. I'll have to look at that again. However, the andy-*@domain
was an example and I don't know that a '-' is going to be in every email
address that needs a wildcard lookup. [I have been looking into this before
asking for a recipient list.]

So -- do you still think that the above is going to cover this case?

    - Chris

--

Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???