Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for host…

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users @ exim. org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for hostsmtp05.host.com (during SMTP connection from NULL)
Bill wrote:
> I recently had to add 8 internet SMTP servers (smtp01.host.com -
> smtp08.host.com) to my "relay_from_hosts" list in my exim config in
> order to accommodate email from our hosted web servers. Ever since
> then, I've been getting numerous errors in the exim_mainlog file --
> more than 30,000/day (out of a total of ~220,000 entries/day) -- from
> one of these hosts (smtp05.host.com).

Well something is odd just with those names - I get (on a sample
size of one), the same forward resolution for both smtp01.host.com
and smtp05.host.com - 206.207.85.33 - and a reverse of that of
"www.anything.com".

So, did you *really* mean those names? Or is your own DNS on
the fritz?

Cheers,
    Jeremy