[exim] Failed to create cache file: maildirwatch error

Autor: Jonathan Chong
A: exim-users, courier-imap, courier-users
CC:
Assumpte: [exim] Failed to create cache file: maildirwatch error
Hello everyone

I'm getting this error in my mail log and I don't know if it's a
problem with my Exim or my Courier-Imap configuration.

Dec 28 00:07:46 vps imapd: Failed to create cache file: maildirwatch
(info@???)
Dec 28 00:07:46 vps imapd: Error: Input/output error
Dec 28 00:07:46 vps imapd: Check for proper operation and configuration
Dec 28 00:07:46 vps imapd: of the File Access Monitor daemon (famd).

I never received this error before today.

The only change I've done is compiled Exim with mysql support and use
Courier-Imap to authenticate from mysql.

If I'm posting to the wrong list I apologise but I'm not sure what is
causing the famd error.

A search on Google says that it's most likely to be Courier, but I
want to be sure.

A few solutions (like turning on fam and famd) didn't work, but I
never previously needed these.

At the moment, no emails are being delivered to their mailboxes and I
am presuming that the error above is the cause of this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am running Exim 4.60 and the latest version of Courier-Imap,
together with mySQL 5.0.17.

--
Jonathan Chong

http://www.arsenal-now.com/