RE: [exim-dev] FW: Legacy EHLO AUTH responses (patch) 4.52

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: andrew.johnson
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: RE: [exim-dev] FW: Legacy EHLO AUTH responses (patch) 4.52
Andrew Johnson wrote:

> I 100% agree, but the servers connecting to our relay are in some cases
> badly configured, out of date with patching and just plain old.

I understand that, I've been long enough in this business. I just wanted
to know with which servers the behaviour described by you happens.

> This patch was to provide a cleaner fix rather than the less elegant bogus
> authenticator with a name of "\r\n250-AUTH="

You wrote that the bogus authenticator didn't fix the behaviour, so this
wouldn't be a question of elegance. Applying non-trivial patches is far
less elegant than a little config change.