Re: [exim] Blocking From: <>

Autor: Sander Smeenk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Blocking From: <>
Quoting Matt (matt@???):

> I am so sure that happens. In reality most times the return
> address is forged and goes to the wrong place.

Yeah. Tell your users not to use such software.
It's as bad as spamming, IMHO.

> Is there anyway to setup Exim so when it sees a return address of "<>" and
> its not addressed to a local user or from exim itself refuse it?

Well, as already posted on the list, take care with what you're doing
here. But, you might want to look at RPR (Return Path Rewrite) or also
known as SRS (Sender Rewriting Scheme).

See http://www.freshdot.net/various-rpr.shtml for a quick explanation,
and http://www.infradead.org/rpr.html#showme for the how-to-implement.

After tweaking a bit, it works like a charm for me!

Regards,
Sander.