Re: [exim] Blocking From: <>

Autor: Matt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Blocking From: <>
>> I have a few users that have a certain anti-junkmail software. It
>> supposeably bounces junkmail. The theory is that the spammer will get
>> the bounce and think the email address is no longer valid and remove it
>> from there list. I am so sure that happens. In reality most times the

>Sturgeon's Revelation.

>> Is there anyway to setup Exim so when it sees a return address of "<>"
>> and its not addressed to a local user or from exim itself refuse it?

>Sure, but you should be very careful about that or you will block
>legitimate bounces and probably end up in the rfc-ignorant list. And you
>should make sure that none of your clients use a MTA (they could send
>valid bounces) or some redirection/notify/vacation/whatever that uses
>the empty sender.

>If you want your "no spams from local users", you could use in your
>acl_check_rcpt:

>deny
> message = no bounces from clients
> senders = :
> ! domains = +local_domains

>or some other condition to determine people that should never send
>bounces. But please be careful.

This seems to work but is there anyway to insure that it does not block any
bounces generated internally by Exim itself? I see where it has blocked the
fake bounces as its supposed to but I also see this entry and not sure what
it means:

2005-12-05 20:39:30 H=localhost (www.mydomain.com) [127.0.0.1] F=<> rejected
RCPT <smith@???>: no bounces from clients

Not sure where this came from. Could be webmail but no idea. Its the only
log entry out of place, the many, many others blocked seem to all be fake
bounces. Perhaps its nothing.

Also, I have several thousand messages in my mail input queue. I am sure
MANY are these faked bounces. Any idea how to clean those out without
waiting a week?

Matt