Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
Daevid Vincent wrote:

> The one thing I'm confused is that in the directions, they talk about
> another "login:" section. However Exim complains that I can't have
> two of them. So I commented out the 'old' one, but I'm worried as to
> if I need it it or not? I thought that the router or transport would
> have a reference to this 'login' name, but nothing does in the whole
> config file. Again, I know almost nothing about Exim, so could
> someone please tell me what I need to do here?

What you really need to do is read the documentation on SMTP
authenticators and the plaintext authenticator. Pay particular
attention to the difference between server and client authentication:
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_33.html#CHAP33
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_34.html#CHAP34

Also, please trim your quotes and don't top-post.