Re: [exim] where do I add clamav to exim.conf (exim 4.5x)

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] where do I add clamav to exim.conf (exim 4.5x)
Robert Cates wrote:
> I believe I've got it working. I've gone by your example, and had to mkdir
> ../clamd.exim and change the clamd user to my exim user id, and it seems to
> be working, except, I do not see any headers in my (few) incoming messages.
> When will I see headers for clamd, only when it finds something?

Never. If clamd finds an infected message at the end of the DATA phase
of a transaction, it rejects the message there and then with the message
in the "deny message" bit of the ACL.

In my case if clamd either fails to detect anything, or generates an
error, then we fall through to the next bit fo the ACL which is another
pair of AV scanners. Only if it is clean through all three do we accpt
the message for delivery.

Everyone using this specific mailserver knows that mail is being AV
scanned so I don't need to add headers to the mail to tell them :)

Graeme