Re: [exim] bounced messages

Autor: Steve Lamb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bounced messages
John Hall wrote:
> Although be warned that a number of sites are blocking (or at least
> running SpamAssassin rules that mark down) senders on dynamic IP
> addresses. If you want to send e-mail directly, you should get an ISP
> who can give you a static IP in a block that is separate from their
> DHCP block.

    Even then it doesn't help since some provider *cough, SPRINT, cough*
insist on not changing reverse DNS on their static blocks or in any way
identify them as different then their dynamic blocks.  As a result the RBLs
list both ask dynamic.

    Not that I know from current experience or anything.  *sigh*  I so am not
amused with the "levelling" of the playing field between DSL and Cable
providers by handing the monopoly to the DSL connections back to the telcos.  :(